Tuesday 29 April 2014

two fer day...

Well today there are two cards on offer. however the main image is very similar so i have blogged them together.
In the first one I started with a 15x15 cm piece of white card. I brushed antique linen and old paper over it using the clarity .Then using the outie of a clarity stencil and chosing the tag, I started to build colour inside the tag. I added more distressink mainly antique linen with brushes and then added some more around edges with a make up sponge. I also added some scattered straw and stamped the argyll pattern in it as well. I then stamped the the images inside using potting soil archival ink. They are travel minis by Tim Holtz.


Then I used the innie, ie the tag to mask the image and start building shadow all around the tag. I used  make up sponge and several tones of brown distress inks till i was happy with shading. The burlap is from the journalling set by clarity.


I then built background using other stamps from journaling set and some other Tim Holtz minis in different shades of brown distress ink. I then darkened around edges with walnut stain. Lastly I punched 2 holes in tag and threaded some paper twine through. Matted on some atching card and stuck to 7x7 base card.



Now for the second card. It is constructed in a very similar way but I created a longer topper. I used Tim Holtz stamps for all stamping bar the sentiment which is from the word chains by Clarity stamps.


The 'pearls' on the side are cosmic shimmer pva glue. chocolate brown, olympic gold and vanilla.



I hope you like my offers, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in:

Sunday stamper - wheels

6 comments:

  1. They both look fab Theresa, love that tag stencil and how you have depth all around it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Hels. so i managed o achieve what i set out to do i.e. create depth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bit of Tim, bit of one of my fav colours ...umm what's not to love 😉 Wonderful cards as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. hope the recipients liked them xx

      Delete