Saturday 12 April 2014

a gentleman's card

This was a card that I had to make in just under an hour. I was asked by a friend of mine to make a card for a gentlemanly man who was going to be 60. She needed it for the next day and I only had barely an hour before picking little one up from school. Then I thought of the journaling set from Clarity stamp and the stencil set that came with it.


So On a piece of A6 card i placed tag stencil in place and using Clarity stencil brushes i inked with antique linen, old paper and scattered straw distress inks. I also stamped the argyle pattern from same set in scattered straw. Once I was happy with colour of tag I stamped gentleman in potting soil archival ink. The stamp is from the quintessentially english set by Indigo blu. Then I covered the inked area and darkened area around tag with frayed burlap DI. Using same ink I stamped the burlap from journaling set. I added antique linen and old paper to rest of card and continued stamping the script and watermark in frayed burlap on background. I then distressed edges with gathered twigs.


I stamped 4 corners and embossed in tarnished gold from same set. i fussy cut them and added them to topper when i had stuck it on base card. Before this I wrapped some twine around taupe base card and added some more stamping in corners with an Indigo blu flourish. The sentiment and numbers are from Clarity stamp and they are stamped in potting soil archival and clear embossed. 



And there you have it my quick card for a gentleman. Hope you like it and please let me know your thoughts, Theresa xx


4 comments:

  1. Love this dapper gentleman xx Found myself talking about the fields we passed on the way home that were 'mustard seed' lol Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for a gentleman! Fab stamps too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun vintage image and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO I nearly missed this - its fantastic love that man stamp great card in such a short time xx

    ReplyDelete