Tuesday 22 April 2014

lace and pearls and graphic 45

Well over at the Fussy and Fancy blog a new challenge was set. I happened to receive my 6x6 g45 paper pad and thought that it would be apt for this challenge.


This is the card I came up with. I picked 4 papers and some cardboard toppers that  co-ordinated. I then rummaged through my die sets till i found some that i felt would really go together and set about cutting them out. Then I decided on a layout that was pleasing and distressed all the edges with walnut stain distress ink before layering down.


I added some lace from Sweet lilac flowers to background and to the main topper. I also stamped sentiment on it with potting soil archival ink. I glazed teapot with a clear sakura gel pen, went around all edges with walnut stain distress ink and then stuck toppers down.


I added some pearls and a button with some twine. Not my usual style of card but very fussy and fancy I thought.


Then i set myself challenge to create another card with left overs and here is the result. I was quite pleased with this actually. Less busy and cleaner lines.


Well i hope you like my offerings and if you do comments are greatly appreciated, Theresa xx



I would like to enter the cards in the following challenges:

Fussy and fancy challenge - lace and pearls
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- April challenge - distress
Sweet stampin' challenge - lots of layers
Crafting by designs - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes





11 comments:

  1. You might be out of your comfort zone Theresa but I love them both. Lots of layers and interest and if course fabulous papers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fussy very fancy but very very lovely xxxx Lovely make's Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Theresa, I like them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, very pretty Theresa! Gorgeous colours, layers and lace, fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BEAUTIFUL card and so apt for our latest challenge!! Thank you Theresa for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Pearls and Lace"...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh thank you ladies for all the great comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Thanks for joining our 'lots of layers' challenge at Sweet Stampin' and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! So many lovely touches!

    Thank you for participating in Sweet Stampin's Lots of Layers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Theresa a very beautiful make love the colours and the layers. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Crafting from the heart challenge blog and hope you will visit us again soon.
    Hugs
    Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, A lovely card, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart this week. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous creation, love the lush colours.
    Thank you also for joining us at Bunny Zoes, hope you will join us for our new challenge.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete