Friday 11 April 2014

Happy 50th Birthday

This was another commissioned card. My brief was to use pink and it needs some hearts on it. Now anybody who knows me, knows that I struggle with pink. It is definitely not my colour. So when I have to use it, I find it restrictive.


Anyhow I got out some co'ordinations card and chose a muted pink from there. I die cut it with a spellbinder border that had scrolls that looked like hearts, thus keeping within the brief. I die cut the 2 larger bitty blossoms, one in pink felt and the other out of white card.

I cut a piece of white card and rounded corners. Then I cut an aperture and embossed card with a Sue Wilson embossing folder that also has little hearts as you can see in pic below. On another piece of white card I stamped the Clarity flourish using victorian velvet distress ink. I stamped it 4 times to fill aperture area. Then I stamped sentiment in black archival and clear embossed. I die cut it with an oval shape and whilst still in die I inked it with victorian velvet distress ink.


I assembled it as shown and matted it on a larger white mat that was pierced all around. I attached flowers on pink area on a knot of crinkle edge organza ribbon. I added another flower that I made out of 1.5 cm wide organza ribbon. I added victorian velvet distress glitter to white rose. The leaves are fabric and each one can be pulled apart to produce 2 leaves. The twisted wires are actually flower soft wire covered in double sided tape and dipped in microbeads and then twisted around pokey tool. This is a Sue Wilson technique for which there is a video on her blog. You can see that this is where I got the inspiration for this card.
Finally I stamped and embossed 50th and again die cut it and inked it with victorian velvet. 


I hope you like it and you know that I enjoy reading your comments, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this into the sunday stamper challenge - nature (flowers)




6 comments:

  1. Morning Theresa - lovely card - different sort of one from you today - I think every now and again that little Sue Wilson pops into our heads and out come the dies - lol. Lovely card and great colours.

    Have a fabulous day today - and I wont say don't spend to much because I know that you will xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes linda i did spend but i needed it all ;) xx

      Delete
  2. It's a pretty card Theresa and as Linda said a different style for you. I'm sure the person who asked you to make it was delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous; even though you say you were out of your comfort zone, i'm sure it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank yu for your comments ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete