Tuesday 15 April 2014

monochrome and sweet lilac flowers

Well it is that time of month again when the new Sweet lilac Flowers challenge is launched. This month it is monochrome.


For this challenge I decide to go with purples and do an ombre' background. I used the matte side of centura pearl and inked it using dusty concord, seedless preserve, victorian velvet, shaded lilac and milled lilac distress inks. I spritzed liberally with water and dried with kitchen roll after a few seconds. Then I dried it well with heat tool.

Using the free stamps from issue 16 of creative stamper, I stamped the swirly leaces in black archival twice and clear embossed. I stamped sentiment from set in black and again clear embossed. I then stamped the musical notes randomly using distress inks. The white patches were achieved by inking versamark through the fading spots stencil by Tim Holtz and embossing in white. I then highlighted the flowers with a white pen. I matted and layered the topper and stuck it down on 7x7x base card.


This left quite a gap so I added some purple ribbon from my stash. Then I tied a triple bow with twine and embellished with some matching Sweet lilac flowers.

I hope you like my creation and please do join us over the Sweetlilac challenge and don't forget there is a box of flowers up for grabs, Theresa xx


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Theresa - love the background - but then again I do be liking purples xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Theresa and the Sweet Lilac Flowers just finish it to perfection. It was great to see you on Saturday....hugs....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete