Friday 26 June 2015

something fishy ...

 Hello my crafty friends. I was determined to make a CAS card using stencils which was the challenge over at Less is More.


Hopefully it is a quick post today. I used this very versatile stencil called Jo's bubbles. Using brushes I inked with cracked pistachio distress ink and then mermaid lagoon.


I faux bleached with water and a paint brush little areas over bubbles to create dimension and added a highlight with a white pen.
I stamped the fish with black archival ink and used the same distress markers to colour it in. Then I highlighted it with clear wink of stella which is really difficult to see.
I stamped the sentiment in lower right hand corner.

Stamps and stencil are from Claritystamp.


So i hope you like my CAS card, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
CAS on Sunday - one layer

40 comments:

  1. Fabulous stenciling and brilliant dimension Theresa.
    Stunning colours and a fun card
    Thanks for playing along at Less is More.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Theresa. I love the effect you have created within the bubbles. Fabulous. Best of luck in your challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've created so much dimension with the bleaching and white pen. Awesome card.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Love that Wink of stella it make's those bubbles pop xxx lovely card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is brilliant! So very effective.. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those bubbles really stand out! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab! I've got this stencil but I haven't used it yet, you have inspired me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honoured to have inspired you! Usually it is the other way round xx

      Delete
  8. The bubbles are fantastic...and I love your little fish!!! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Theresa , the colours are fab and the fish looks right at home with the bubbles...hugs..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!
    Whew! Totally stunning creation Theresa, I *need* this stencil lol!
    Thanks for joining us last week
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne. it is a very versatile stencil and my next post is featuring it too xx

      Delete
  11. Wow this is awesome love that stencil and wow great stenciling they almost look real. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this , my son would also..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw your stunning card at LIM - congrats - just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful stencilling Theresa and love the colours you have used and the fish has been beautifully coloured. This stencil is definitely on my wish list. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, love the dimension and colours. Well done on being showcased at LIM - very well deserved.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linby. hadn't realized until i read your post xx

      Delete
  16. This is gorgeous Theresa and congratulations for being showcased at Less is More! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous in all ways - layout, coloring, dimension; subject matter, and whatever it takes to create a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, this is amazing. I love the colours and the fish, so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete