Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sweet lilac flowers - love and celebrate fussy and fancy challenge


Hello everyone. Yes it's that time again. This month the theme is Love/Wedding.

For this challenge i started with a gelli print that i had in my stash. The colours used on it are red, yellow and gold. The stencils are the swirly leaves and dotty wave and are both from Clarity stamp.

I tied a double bow using wavy edge organza in red and gold. Ribbon from creative expressions. I then arranged an assortment of flowers from Sweet lilac flowers along the bow, making sure that they reflected the tones on gelli print.

I stamped the sentiment in black archival and clear embossed it. I cut the white card like a banner and attached it underneath bow elevating it in middle to create movement and attaching it flat at pointy end. I attached the topper onto black 8x8

base card. No matting was necessary as the print had the white edge ready.

So i hope this helps with some inspiration. 

Make sure you join us over at the sweet lilac flower blog challenge.

And because the theme for the current fussy and fancy challenge is 'celebrate' I think that this card will make a perfect entry.

All for now, hugs Theresa xx



7 comments:

  1. I love the gelli plate background, such fab colours, and the flowers are so pretty. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Theresa, I have added some flowers to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Theresa fabby colours, great print and lovely flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for winning Top 5 at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges
    with this GORGEOUS card!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl. i hadn't even realized! how daft am i? xx

      Delete