Saturday 26 October 2013

gelli print party bags


Well today's offering is all about gelli. I needed some party bags for my older boy's birthday and I was running out of time to go shopping for some. I remembered I had bought some plain brown/ kraft coloured bags and then I had an idea.

Being half-term I thought that I would enlist some help. So I got my little prince of gelli Massimo's help. So I did the first one to kind of explain what we needed to do. I thought I'd use back side of bag to 'mop up' paint instead of copy paper thus printing on both sides and not wasting any paint.


I used brown, yellow ochre and lemon yellow for first print and then greens and phtalo blue for 2nd print. Then it was Massimo's turn. He wanted vermillion, orange, yellow and lemon yellow for first print. then he chose brown, emerald green and a mossy green for second print. I wasn't very sure of what this was going to look like but once the second print was on it worked. So much so that I ended up trying to replicate his print later.

massimo's print


My attempt at copying 


Well I can tell you that the children enjoyed their day first watching Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 followed by a meal at Nando's.

Hope you had a great day, Theresa xx


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are fantastic great idea.
    Love em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are fantastic great idea.
    Love em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea, Teresa. I will have to try, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, lots and lots of wonderful kind of bags are on my mind. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea, Massimo is so clever, can clearly see where he gets it from x

    ReplyDelete