Wednesday 2 October 2013

Hubby's birthday card


Today is my hubby's birthday and i made this card for him. I started by working out how to position the wording on a piece of scrap paper first. I had to juggle them a bit and realized that i couldn't fit them in well so i put the symbol for and rather than the word and this fitted better. I stamped all around perimeter of an 8x8 card in cobalt blue archival ink.

Next i started to work on topper. I started with the car first which i stamped on clarity card in same ink. i masked car and created background with distress inks, ink dusters, torn paper and make-up sponges. Then i stamped trees from lesson 21 and the edge on road from same set of stamps.
I added glossy accents to wind screen, head lamps and wheels. The topper was matted on navy blue linen card.

The card still looked a bit bare so i decided to add the metal corners. However they were the wrong colour. So I gilded them with midnight black, patina and silver gilding waxes and mounted them on opposite corners.


I really hope he likes it. Whatever you do have a good day Theresa xx

6 comments:

  1. Fab card Theresa. I bet your hubby loved it. I hope he's having a lovely birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. he did love it and yes he enjoyed the little 'party' xx

      Delete
  2. this is a great card Theresa and OH why didn't I think of glossy accents for glass? I have a bottle in the bag I carry around with me and forget to use it. I saw this on fb on my phone last night but the linky wouldn't work - on my lappy now.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Theresa. I'm sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your fab comments xx

    ReplyDelete