Saturday 7 February 2015

A4 canvas

Hello again. I'm getting lax it seems. Today I have a canvas on offer. The idea had been going on in my head for a while and finally I decided to get it down on canvas.

                     

I got these canvas boards from Claritystamp. They have them in a varied range of sizes and they are brilliant as they are hard so it is easier to stamp on them. And they are already primed.
I started by adding grunge paste through some stencils. I used the petal stencil in the centre, the stripes in 2 opposing corners and the honeycomb in the other 2 corners.


After it dried I sanded it down somewhat as i wanted it to be relatively smooth. Then I applied acrylic paints with a mini blending tool. I used yellow for centre and different shades of lilac and amethyst on the outside.
I ripped some Tim Holtz tissue and attached some pieces with mod podge to background.
Using a purple archival ink I stamped randomly using several stamps from the journaling set.
I added some more stamping with black archival.


I flicked distress paint randomly in brushed pewter, black soot and dusty concord. The white is stampendous chunky white embossing enamel which i sprinkled gingerly over the background.
I added some treasured gold gilding wax in lilac, amethyst and silver to highlight certain areas. I gave same treatment to corner and key.
The rose I created from 3 layers of the big flower from tattered rose die by Tim Holtz, and the foliage is also from his range. Once cut they all got the meltpot treatment. I then arranged them in a corner to which i had already added some burlap.
The sentiment is from the word chains.
I finished it off with some micro beads, seed beads and drops.


All stencils and stamps used here are from Claritystamp.

I really hope you like my offering. I know the recipient did, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this canvas in the following challenges:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - H is for Helen, the recipient of this canvas
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge - all things bright and beautiful
Fan-Tastic Tuesday challenge - anything goes with a twist, let's see some purple
TTCRD - anything goes


42 comments:

  1. Seriously stunning Theresa, love all the layer's and elements . Good luck and thanks for entering tge Claritystamp chalkenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Linda. your constant support is very appreciated xx

      Delete
  2. I love it to bits Theresa. The colour is fab. The textures you have created are brilliant. The rose is perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for entering into the Clarity Challenge. Best of luck with ours and all the other challenges you have entered. Brilliant piece of art. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas! I absolutely love your glossy rose, the melt pot treatment looks fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Stunning! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is stunning I love the choice of colours you have used and the design it's gorgeous. Good luck and thank you for entering the challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Theresa beautiful colours and composition x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creatioins, so much dimension, lots of layers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, love all the details and layers it must have taken you ages to do and looks stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful Theresa. You have created so much texture, interest and detail here. Great work. Thanks for sharing it with us and for entering this month's Clarity challenge. Good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do love what you have done here and the colours are wonderful good luck in the Clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely, vibrant canvas with a variety of techniques on display - all working well together; a fantastic piece of art! Good luck with Clarity Challenge 24. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this canvas Theresa! The colours are really lovely, I love the shades of lilac. Really great artwork.
    Good luck in your challenges.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty canvas Theresa, with lots of vibrancy & texture - great piece of artwork.
    Wishing you luck in this month's challenge :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous creation, love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous canvas Theresa. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning canvas - love the colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 71 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous canvas Theresa! I love the colours and your stencil work is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great multi-media piece of art work, so many techniques used. Good luck in the Clarity challenge. x

    ReplyDelete