Sunday 20 October 2013

dove stencil


So I received this stencil and was really excited to use it. I had seen some cards by Bernie Simmons and was rearing to have a go. So got the stencil out and put on theuva card and using stencil brushes and distress inks I created background. I was quite pleased with it and so I lifted stencil off.......Nooooooooo. i had ripped theva card as there was a little piece of double sided tape on stencil that I hadn't seen.

So I had to work out how to salvage this background. So in meantime i stamped Noel from Clarity stamp and embossed it with ranger tarnished gold. Did the same with the star (Clarity). Then i had a thought....what if I put some ribbon across to hide tear? But no ribbon matched. So then i remembered i had ds tape that I could emboss with. So I put a strip across and embossed again with tarnished gold. It still didn't look right so i put some thin black ribbon across.

I could see it was still missing something and the white poinsettia from Sweet lilac flowers was the finishing touch along with some ribbon in the colours of background. 

So matted on black and mounted on white base card - 8x8 and first card finished.


For the second card the background is the same but I used the Peace at Christmas stamp from classroom lesson 5. Stamped in black archival and clear embossed. Same with star. I mounted it on black but it somehow looked bare so i found this lace i had with blue edge that really matched the background and threaded some yellow ribbon through to complete. I put this on black matting layer before sticking topper on.

Hope you like these as much as i enjoyed making them and thanks to Bernie for inspiration, Theresa xx

5 comments:

  1. Love these cards, I recently bought this stencil myself, love it, really like how you have used it, Bernie's cards are great inspiration as are yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Theresa you are very kind....but it's a great stencil and btw Great cards xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great and I love the colours you have used Theresa and that was inspirational using the ds to emboss with. we all know these tricks but they get lost in the crafty mess in our brains but then every now and then one just pops up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you linda. you always have something nice to say xx

      Delete