Saturday 12 October 2013

Massi's classroom homework


Well as per usual he saw me making my card and wanted to do a card for Barbara. I showed him the jigsaw stamp and he was unsure about it. then he had a look in my Clarity folder and chose the dove and the twig.

Starting with theuva card he stamped jigsaw in cobalt blue archival. He decided to use cornflower blue for dove and twig and after 3 attempts he got it right. Next i helped him mask the jigsaw off as he wanted to do a sunset with a big sun. he decide the distress inks he was going to use: mustard seed, spiced marmalade, barn door, dusty concord and tumbled glass.

Using ink dusters he set to work. he decided how much to put and where. I kind of suggested but he did what he wanted in the end.  Before colouring the sun, he coloured twig in with weathered wood distress marker and i versamarked it for him but he wanted to hold heat gun to emboss it as 'I want to do it all by myself'!

The last thing was to decide matting. I said to use the blue and he wnted red. in the end he said to use both. And his card was finished.

I hope this makes you smile. it's an experience crafting along this child of mine! Theresa xx

4 comments:

  1. Massimo well done!!! This is lovely, you must have been so excited when Barbara showed it on the TV. Theresa, well done to you for letting him go his own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That child of yours is Ace as my boys would say. He is such a clever stamper, I love his work, Well done Massimo.

    ReplyDelete