Friday 21 November 2014

snow and sparkle......


Well I hope you don't mind me being back again. Today's offering is created with Lavinia stamps. I bought some at he NEC and decided to use a couple of them. 


So i stamped the door and pathway on post its and cut them out for masks. I laid the pathway mask down where I wanted it stamped and stamped the door first in black archival.This helped me lose the 2 steps on the door which didn't fit the picture I had in my head.


I then masked the door and stamped the pathway. I used black archival ink. Then I masked pathway again and inked upper part of background. I used crushed olive distress ink as a base for all card as I wanted a greenish hue to emanate to give the impression of age and neglect. 


For browns i used tea dye, rusty hinge, brushed corduroy, and vintage photo. I darkened area around door with vintage photo and gathered twigs.
Then i tore a piece of copy paper and made the snow using tumbled glass and weathered wood.


I then stamped the rest of the picture. I used the creeping vine for the vegetation above door. I stamped it in first and second generation black archival. I also used the upper edge of it to stamp at the bottom.


The vegetation along snow ridges I stamped using a star shape that came in one of the sets, possibly the QVC one which on the Lavinia website is called stars 2.


I flicked water at picture and dried with kitchen roll. I added white pen highlights to some of the bleached areas to mimic falling snow. I coloured The door and pathway with a damp brush and distress ink.
As a finishing touch I added iced diamond stickles to snow and pathway and then I clear embossed the door to resemble glass.

As usual i hope you like my offering, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Lavinia blog challenge - snow and sparkle
TTCRD - anything goes
Addicted to stamps - make your mark


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful inking and blending of this lovely image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!!! Brilliant work Theresa...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa this is beautiful lovely shading around the door x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and magical Theresa! How did you manage to capture that gorgeous sparkle? I can never get my glitter to show up in photos! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Wendy. I put the lights on and take the pic with flash on and this does the trick xx

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful warmth to this card, stunning colours! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I particularly like the effect you've achieved with the door - it looks like stained glass! And who'd have thought of using stars to make foliage?! Well done and good luck in the Lavinia Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, Theresa! Love the snow effect. Thanks so much for entering our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week.. I hope we see you playing along again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous peaceful scenery.
    Wish you a nice week,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete