Sunday 6 October 2013

Clarity challenge and homework


This was the first card I made with the jigsaw stamp. I had it in my head and tried to reproduce it on paper.

I started by stamping jigsaw on the back of centura pearl with cobalt blue archival ink. I stamped the single jigsaw piece and cut it out and attached it to the big jigsaw so I could create a whole picture. Then I decided where I wanted the trees and robin and stamped those in cornflower blue archival ink (Wendy Vecchi).

I then tore a piece of copy paper and using weathered wood distress ink created shadows for a snowy scene. I used tumbled glass for the sky. Then I extended the scene onto a bigger piece of card.

I stamped the Christmas star in cornflower blue and embossed it with stardust clear embossing powder. Happy Christmas was clear embossed.

Finally I versamarked the jigsaw pieces and used ultra thick clear embossing powder on them. I triple embossed for a smooth finish so it looks like a tile.

I'm entering this into the clarity winter challenge


All for now Theresa xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Theresa ...and well explained instructions. Good Luck in the Clarity Challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Teresa, must have a play with the jigsaw stamp. Triple embossing takes a bit of patience. The scene from the jigsaw to the card is seamless. Thanks for entering the challenge again and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Theresa - and I love the snow. - good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I've skied down that slope! Beautiful card, and clear instructions. Thank you for your entry and good luck in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Theresa, and such a clever use of the wonderful Clarity Stamps....I love it....Hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely and encouraging comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this Theresa. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Therasa! Thanks for entering and good luck to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant use of the jigsaw stamp - love the triple embossing. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Theresa its lovely to see you have entered our Clarity Challenge (my first time as DT) probably not your first time. Its a beautiful card and I love your snow. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sam. i try to enter clarity challenge every month if i can make it since i've become a member of NDC last year xx

      Delete