Friday 11 October 2013

Happy Anniversary


Well i have just watched the recording of Barbara Gray's show from this morning and I couldn't believe my ears when she said that i had inspired her with one of my cards. This is the card she was referring to.

It was soon after I had received the NDC stamp that I thought it would look good on a swing. So i got out one of my favourite stamps, the swirly leaves and decided to use them with the love birds.

Using archival black ink i stamped the smaller swirl twice and clear embossed it. Next i stamped the birds and embossed them too. Then I needed to extend the branch that they were sitting on which I did with a black micron pen and embossed. I added the rope bit with same pen and ruler and again clear embossed. I stamped Sentiment in black archival and again clear embossed.

Now it was time to colour birds which i did with distress markers. I used and orange, a blue and a green for both but the more muted for the female. Then i cut out a cloud mask and using tumbled glass and broken china, I created a background with clouds to give the impression that the birds are high up.

The topper is ready. To finish it off I matted it on orange and black. On the black card i stamped swirls all around borders in versamark and clear embossed to create more interest and to tie in with topper. Finally I cut a strip of black card and wrapped orange ribbon round it. I added a bow and stuck a cameo from creative expressions to finish it off.

I sent this card off to my parents for their 47th wedding anniversary.
Have a good one, Theresa xx


4 comments:

  1. I heard that Theresa. Lovely card and a brilliant idea to put them on a swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I too heard the mention... you will have to make more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Theresa. The swing was such a clever idea. x

    ReplyDelete