Sunday 5 June 2016

cleaning......

Hello fellow crafters. Today's offering was inspired by the Simon says stamp Monday challenge as the theme was monochrome.


I used Bee Crafty stamps and stamped in cobalt blue archival. I masked with Pebeo drawing gum. Then I added tumbled glass, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch to my glass mat, spritzed with water and put the card face down on it to pick the colour.


Once dry I sprinkled some water and lifted some of the colour off kitchen roll. I stamped one of the border stamps around the edges. I sprinkled some gilding paste on background and once dry I added gilding flakes to it.


It was time to rub off the gum I then added clear wink of stella to apron, head piece and shoes and stamped and clear embossed the sentiment. Matted on navy blue and voila'.
I know that the recipient loved it, what do you say? Theresa xx. 


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

CASology - CAS
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Theresa, this has so many pretty blues...and the gold flecks are so fun! Thanks for joining us at CASology for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! love the stamp, is fantastic! The shades of blue you've chose is beautiful! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blues and the added glitter and shine Theresa, and another great use for the masking fluid..perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Fabulous image and sentiment and I love the gorgeous background you created! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Theresa! This card is stunning! Love the background and all the blues and that sentiment is priceless. Love it.

    You are the winner of our gift voucher for the monochromatic challenge. Please send us and email so that we can send you the gift voucher. You'll find the email in the challenge blog's side bar. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!! Have fun shopping! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Theresa, Fabulous card! I love the background, absolutely fabulous!

    Congratulations on winning the challenge! Woo Hoo!! :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, thanks for your comment on my blog, haha Cisk is not something most people would recognise ;-)

    ReplyDelete