Thursday 13 November 2014

Christmas ornament ....

Hello friends. After the mass blogging of 2 weeks ago i have gone quiet last week but i was mega busy and i did go to the NEC.


This is a wooden ornament I bought from Anne Marie designs. I painted the word and base in chalk white and then white pearlescent acrylic paint. Once dry i went over it with a thick layer of rock candy crackle paint by Ranger.


Then i went over it with icy blue paint and then wiped it so that some white showed through and the blue stayed in cracks.


Next i added puffy paint to base and heated it to puff it up. I also added paint to words to mimic snow.
I added some spellbinders snowflakes which I covered in distress glitter.


The reindeer came in this colour and all I did was tie a bell round their necks with a piece of burlap string.
I also added a couple of trees that I made by wrapping the twiney string around a cone. The stars are from the Tim Holtz embellies.


Finally I added some beads here and there to add more interest and to resemble snow balls. The last touch was adding some ice snow for a bit of sparkle.



And that is my Christmas ornament. I would love to know what you think, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Christmas ornament
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge - we're seeing stars (stars on trees)



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Theresa, love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa that is so lovely, good luck with the challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Theresa, you have made a masterpiece here...I love it...hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word ~ stunning! This is truly gorgeous, Theresa and I absolutely love every single element! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) xx

    p.s. Hope you'll enjoy my tutorial on Wednesday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Emma. i'm sure i will. i always look forward to your posts and tutorials xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow anyone would love to have this in their home at Xmas. Love everything about it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. i see you have been having a wander round xx

      Delete