Monday 1 September 2014

indian summer ......

Hello my crafty friends. Yesterday I thought that we were going to have an Indian summer but then today it was raining for most of the day here. 
But back to today's offering. IndigoBlu's current challenge is themed Indian summer and hence the title.


I started with a piece of shaving foam background that had bold colours that I thought went ell with the theme. I thought they also had a spicy feel to them and hence the Indian connection. I stamped Ella Bella in black archival and heat set it. I thought her flourishes kind of matched the pattern on paper. I coloured white areas with matching spectrum noir pencils.


Then I die cut it and matted and layered on complementary colours. I added 2 small gems to the flowers in her hair.


Then I made a stepper card and mounted her on the front. It looked somewhat bare so I cut some spellbinders flourishes and added them to opposing corners. I added a sweetlilac flower to both corners which i had sprayed with cosmic shipper mists to make them sparkle.


A strip of same background paper mounted on black acts as the stopper to the card front. I finished it off by adding some black enamel dots from Ranger.


and voila' the finished card. I do hope you like it and would love to read your comments, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

IndigoBlu - indian summer
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - make it bold (bold colours and large stamp)
Sweet pea stampers - lots of layers


40 comments:

  1. This came out so gorgeous!!! The colors are fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning effect, love that technique. We had sunshine here down on the coast, but it rained late afternoon xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see this the more I love it - stunningly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card- love it. Thanks for joining in with the Sweet pea Stampers challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Theresa xxxx Love what you have done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Massimo's guest card design for the Claritystamp blog might be on here so will you please tell him that his card for Nature is fantastic and very well planned out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do and will publish it as it's on draft xx

      Delete
  7. Fabulous Theresa, I love this stamp.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card! Love your beautiful stamping. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, beautiful easel card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful ...... love the background and Ella looks fab with the added colour. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, and I love this technique! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love everything about this card ~ it's stunning Theresa! Your stamping is wonderful, as always and the background is just amazing and compliments the image perfectly! Fab work and thank you for sharing and for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! :) Happy weekend, lovely.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning design, thanks for entering it in the IndigoBlu Challenge. Good luck
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, love the background, something I have not yet tried :-) .. thanks so much for taking part in the Indigoblu Indian Summer challenge this month ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card thank you for joining our indigoBlu challenge x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Theresa, fab colours and I love this stamp. xx Thank you for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. Missed you today at Ally Pally xx

      Delete
  17. What a great way to approach the challenge. Love the colour swirls. Thank you so much for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete