Saturday 16 November 2013

Christmas - Sweet Lilac flowers dt and Clarityblog challenge




Well it's that time of month again when the new Sweet lilac challenge is set. This month it is Christmas.

This was another commissioned card that I was asked to do. A male Christmas card.
All I knew is that i was going to make it on kraft card and it was going to have brown tones. So I had a nice rummage through my Clarity stamps to see what I could make.
The harbour set is one of my favourite sets as it is very versatile. It goes really well with the church set, So out they both came along with the large well stamp.
I started by stamping the roof of the well in lower left corner and then stamped large seagull on top. Next I stamped the two flying seagulls and masked them off. I stamped one row of houses, masked them off and restamped another row.  I used memento brown ink for stamping as I was going to colour in with promarkers. Then I stamped the church and the little boat. I masked all the images so I could work on background.
To create the sea, I scrunched a piece of copy paper and dipped it in versamark ink and used it to stamp over water area. I embossed it with stardust embossing powder. I put a moon mask behind the steeple and set to colour sky and sea with brown tone distress inks and brushes. I used the sepia tones promarkers to colour in the stamped images. Using the fine nib and umber promarker i drew a wall under houses.
For the sentiment I used the banner set and cut out 2 of them. I wrote sentiment inside and added shading with same distress inks. I mounted these on foam pads.
Then I coloured 3 poinsettias from Sweet lilac flowers with the brown promarker and added pebeo renaissance gold gilding wax to stamens and some highlights to leaves. I edged topper and base card with same wax to add to vintage feel.


I matted topper on black card and mounted it on 8x8 kraft card.

Since I used clarity stamps I thought I would also enter it into the Clarity Christmas challenge.

I hope you like my effort as much as the recipient did. All for now, Theresa xx

13 comments:

  1. I am lucky to have actually seen this and it is MUCH nicer in real life the photo does really not do it justice. Good Luck in the Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernie. but pics rarely do justice to cards xx

      Delete
  2. Super card Theresa, very clever to use the roof of the well. Men's cards are so difficult. Just lovely. Thanks for entering the challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Theresa! A really different Card for Christmas. Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Theresa....love every aspect of it...and the flowers are just the perfect finishing touch...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many clever touches to this card. Love the way you've used just the roof of the well and the wall is brilliant. Good luck in the Challenge and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Theresa - Christmas at the seaside - lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely card Theresa. I love the colour tones x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely card Theresa. I love the colour tones x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies. And Bernie is right. it looks so much better in real life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Theresa thank you for entering our Clarity Challenge, I love your card, vintage, seaside and Xmas just go together so well. Beautiful. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card Theresa! I love it! It reminds me of spending Christmas with my eldest sister when she lived on the Isle of Wight! Lovely memories - thanks for reminding me!

    Good luck in the challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Colour tones are fab and I love how you made the water sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete