Wednesday 14 May 2014

Wedding card - die crazy

Well my friends, this was the card that i made for my brother and his now wife for their wedding day. I wanted it to be mostly white as i think white on white is really elegant. 
I just wanted to add a touch of colour that went with the colour scheme.


I knew the bridesmaid's dress was a peacock green so I decided to tint the flowers to match.
Most of the dies used here are from the heartfelt creations range of spellbinders. I cut the window and removed crossbars. Then i diecut lattice background extending it to fit my card. I stuck window to centre and cut away the centre of lattice so you could look through window.


Next I turned to flowers. Thy are a matching set of stamps and dies. I stamped on white card with versamark and embossed with white powder. I cut them out with matching die. Then I inked them with peacock feathers distress ink and added a tiny bit of shabby shutters to give it a bit more of a greenish tinge. I cut in betwwen petals and shaped with embossing tool and assembled as shown.


I stamped the calla lilies from Clarity stamp on another piece of white card in versamark and went over it with white perfect pearls so it would peek through window.
I stamped the sentiment again from Clarity stamp in black archival and cut it banner style. i inked the edges lightly.


I assembled the card as shown adding some organza ribbon and some pearl swirls to finish it off.

As always I hope you like what i made, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenge:




6 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! I LOVE all the dies you used and the colors are fabulous together. I love white and teal. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Theresa! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I love the pop of color over the sea of beautiful white! Thank so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete