Wednesday 7 May 2014

it's all about the words

As soon as the new Clarity stamp challenge was announced I decided that I would decorate a candle. I'd recently bought the dandelion stamp and wanted to use it. So I set about looking for an inspiring verse.


My eyes fell on this verse and i decided to go with it. I think it is awesome. So I got the tissue paper and stamped verse in black archival. Then i inked the dandelion stamp with fern green and dandelion archival ink. I stamped one image from the bac an one from the front thus obtaining a mirror image. (It wasn't that simple though! I only had to do it 6 times before I was happy with the result :) .)


Then I cut out the image and wrapped it around the candle and held it in place with wax paper. I then heated the image with the heat gun and as the tissue 'melted' into the candle it was changing colour. 


And this is the finished result. I know it is not an intricate project but I wanted the verse to be the main 'attraction'.
I hope you like my make and i would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Clarity stamp challenge - it's all in the words
Sunday stamper - walk of life


28 comments:

  1. I love it Theresa. Good luck in your challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma. sunday stamper is one just for fun you don't win anything xx

      Delete
  2. It is lovely. Sometimes simple and minimal make for the best results. Happy Crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this candle, great verse and the dandelion stamping is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor, this is fab Theresa.. never done a candle before, love how the colours really pop and the sentiment is just perfect... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can hardly believe that Hels! thanks for you encouragement xx

      Delete
  5. A very lovely candle Theresa! Good luck to you and thanks for entering the challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came from Hels Sunday Stamper, this is so lovely, am now a following you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Theresa this is lovely and such a great project. Perfect for our Clarity Challenge...and the words just set it all off....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa this is a lovely candle and I love the words...perfect thanks for entering and goo luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa its a beautiful candle, and perfect colouring for spring. Thanks for sharing and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty make. x Love this verse by Gandi awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really lovely candle, Theresa. A perfect stamp and a perfect verse to go with it. By the way, what I am "up to" is making a load of ATC's to swap as part of the celebration of 5 years of WOYWW at the end of the month. I have done 25 following Maria's design, the one she was demoing at he NEC. Now I need to choose another design to do a few more to make sure I have enough. Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Maggie . luckypeeps to be getting your atc's xx

      Delete
  12. Love this candle, really lovely and the sentiment is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa. and yes that sentiment is super xx

      Delete
  13. Oh Therese, this is just beautiful, so elegant, I love the touch of colour too. Best of luck with the challenge xx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely candle Theresa, a really lovely verse and the flower crooks are beautiful. Good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete