Tuesday 27 May 2014

sunflower

Hello my friends. It has been a while since my last blog post. However it is not because I wanted to neglect crafting but i've had to as i have been poorly and unable to do much. I've also been stuck in bed and so not able to do much from there as walking was quite painful.


So without further ado onto today's make. I wanted to use the Stampendous sunflower so I started from there. This is a lovely huge stamp that comes with the head and stalk separate hence allowing for more options. I stamped the flower in black archival and clear embossed with detail powder. Then I masked the flower and added the stalk in the same way. I masked this off too and worked on background.


I got out my journaling set from Claritystamp and set to work. I use this set more than any other. I started by brushing antique linen and old paper distress inks all over background with the clarity brushes. Then I started stamping with the script and brushed corduroy di. I did not mount stamp as I wanted a distressed look. I tamped around edges with the burlap stamp and frayed burlap ink. Then i got the water stain stamp and inked randomly with brushed corduroy after blotting the first generation ink. I darkened edges with brushed corduroy and walnut stain.


Then it was time to colour the flower. I got out my spectrum noir pencils and set to work. I started with the lighter colour first and progressed to the darkest. I don't know how many I used but I know I started with the darkest yellow I had and progressed to a burgundy. The centre of the flower was done in the same way with the browns. I also used black in centre. The leaves again got same treatment with the greens. In the end I also added a bit of an air force blue and a grey. I do love these pencils.

They are so soft and creamy. Once I was happy with shading I added shading around flower with brushed corduroy and walnut stain and a make up sponge. Then I mounted it on black card and added ribbon to lower edge with a double bow. To add some quirkiness i added a ladybird to the centre of the bow. Then I mounted the whole lot onto kraft card. I wanted to add dew drops to add some more dimension.
I finished card off by adding 4 transparent gems to the corners and a little ceramic pot that i had in my stash. I got this idea from the lovely Emma Williams who used an ideology bottle as a vase for her flower.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
Fussy and fancy - inspiration picture ( i went with colours and flower)


creative fingers challenge - thank you/anything goes
crafting from the hearth - anything goes
paper creators - flowers and bows
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything goes




27 comments:

  1. OMG this is fabulous, fantastic background and your colouring is stupendous.
    I am trying to learn but not having much success so far am beginning to think I cant do it, have watched both dvds and practised a bit but struggling somewhat. Will keep perservering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i confess i haven't watched any dvds Linda and that's because i don't have any. i have rearranged the pencils in numerical order so i have all the colours grouped together so i can chose more easily. i just start with the lightest and work myself up to the darkest and then go in with lighter ones at times to blend. same as for promarkers.
      thanks for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely Theresa, and I hope you are feeling very much better by now. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Theresa. your shading of the colours is FAB. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so beautiful, your coloring is gorgeous! Love the background and the cute lady bug. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful card Theresa, that's an amazing stamp and you've coloured it in superbly. Sorry you've not been well, I hope you feel tip top very soon xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Zoe. back to work tomorrow now xx

      Delete
  6. Very lovely, Theresa. Sorry you have been ill - nice to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, lovely colouring! Hope you're feeling better now. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb ! So delicate work !
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, an amazing sunflower, love the background too, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Theresa. Pleased to hear you're feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Theresa what amazing colouring, I love sunflowers they are such a happy flower. Thanks for entering Fussy & Fancy Challenge. Hope you are all better very soon xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers with Anything goes challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project! Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulously coloured sunflower. Such a great image. Thank you for joining in the Fussy & Fancy Challenge.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your Top 5 pick Theresa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. have only just seen it xx

      Delete