Thursday 1 May 2014

Indigoblu - sentiments

This months Indigo blu blog challenge is all about words. So I got out my stamps to see wish sentiments i had. This is one of my favourites ones from IB.


So i thought of making a feature of the background. I started by putting distress inks on the largest  slim jim. I used forest moss, shabby shutters, mustard seed, dried marigold, picked raspberry,seedless preserve and faded jeans. I spritzed with water and pressed it down on a piece of white card.


Then i started to add more interest to background using art set of stamps and the same distress inks. Using black archival ink after drying background i stamped the grasses and the butterfly. I heat set these. Then i stamped and clear embossed the sentiment. To make it stand out I die cut it with spellbinders and matted it on black. I also tried to bleach some of the background colour off it.


I thought i'd highlight the butterfly a little bit by adding some clear wink of stella but no matter how many pics i took i don't think you can see it. I also added a trail in white enamel from Rangers.



I matted it on complimentary card and finished it with some black enamel.


I do hope you like my make and as always would love your comments, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this into the:

Indigoblu challenge - words are all you need



20 comments:

  1. Loving this Theresa that background is just glorious, such a great colour combo and then all the background stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ... neat trick with the cut out circle... can I pinch that!!! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you can Eileen. honoured you want to pinch my idea xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful Theresa, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the colours and the background is fab. Thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Theresa Beautiful coloured background and what a clever idea to cut circle out of background, mat it up and replace ensuring perfect match xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, love the background, great idea for making the sentiment a feature xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background. Great idea with the circles!! Good luck in the challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, loving the colours, the sentiment is great, loving the cut out circle idea, genius! Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely mix of colours for this beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Theresa, the background echos the colours of nature beautifully, great card. Thank you for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck!
    Nikki K.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!

    Thanks for entering the IndigoBlu challenge
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card love the background and sentiment

    ReplyDelete