Wednesday 14 May 2014

awesome dude

When I was at Ally pally last month I had Massimo with me. While browsing at the Visible image stall he noticed the character stamps and wanted to get them all as he really liked them. His favourite was immortal Edward. 


So we left the stall with 3 sets of stamps. So I decided to play with hem this week. I really like this little chappie and I think he looks a lot like Massimo. I can imagine him striking exactly the same pose.

Anyway enough of my waffle and back to card. I started with a piece of centura card and using reverse side i embossed the brick wall stencil on it. Leaving stencil in situ I started adding colour with distress inks and stencil brushes. I used antique linen. old paper, tea dye, rusty hinge, brushed corduroy, vintage photo and walnut stain.


Using a texture stamp from same set and vintage photo and walnut stain i stamped randomly over background thus adding texture to bricks. Then using black soot and the stars i stamped them randomly along 3 sides. I matted it on black and stuck it to base card.
On a separate piece of centura card I stamped Jake with black archival and clear embossed him. I coloured in using promarkers. I added glossy accents to his eyes, wrist bands, collar, strip on cap, star on trainers and the axles on wheels.


I fussy cut him and shaped him and stuck him to wall. Then I stamped and embossed sentiment and cut it out with a spellbinders die. I cut a faux nestie in black and attached overlapping the wall. I finished card off with some cosmic shimmer glue dots and a star from my stash.


I hope you like my make especially as this is the first project using Visible image stamps, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Visible Image challenge - anything goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge - clean and simple


17 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card Theresa. That little chap is really cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Emma. i thought so myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card Theresa! I love the colouring of Jake. Thanks for entering the Visible Image challenge this month and Good Luck! KimB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, I do hope you will join in with the fun again next week...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sue. will try to join as often as i can x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card Theresa, I love the design, and your colouring is great, good luck in the Challenge, hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pauline. so glad your scotland trip was great xx

      Delete
  6. what a brilliant card :) I love it :) Thanks for joining us over at JIC this week, hope you can join us next week. Sian (DT Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That brick wall stencil is such a useful one and just seems to fit everything. It goes with that Massimo look alike too. Thanks for visiting me, Theresa. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!
    Theresa, please contact me at kiranska@abv.bg
    about Card Mania GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I hope to see lots more Visible Image cards from you because this is fantastic ! Love the wall and the whole scene you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Visible Image xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Great card! Thanks for entering our challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you brilliant card Theresa!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Anything Goes Challenge at Visible Image.
    Good Luck!
    Crafty Hugs
    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design! Thanks for joining us for the Visible Image challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny and beautiful, love the coloring too!
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete