Thursday 15 May 2014

sweet lilac challenge and pink........

Hello crafters. Yes time is flying by and it is time for another Sweet lilac challenge which this time is anything goes.
So grab yourselves some beautiful blooms from Sweet lilac flowers and make something and join us with the challenge. There is a lovely hamper of flowers up for grabs......


So without further ado I will run you through how I made this card. This time I used Justrite stamps. I stamped the ice-cream on kraft card in coffee archival and fussy cut cone leaving a strip in middle to attach scoops to. I then stamped ice-cream 3 times on white card. I coloured them with distress pens using spun sugar, shabby shutters and brushed corduroy with a bit of vintage photo. I fussy cut the 3 scoops and mounted them as shown. The chocolate sauce is a drizzle of chocolate brown cosmic shimmer pva glue.


The cherry is from another stamp in same set. I had coloured it in with aged mahogany but as soon as I put glossy accents on it the colour disappeared. (Any suggestions as to why and what i did wrong are welcome.)  Then I cut a white mat in white and embossed with a stripey stencil from Clarity stamp. Leaving stencil in place i coloured stripes with spun sugar distress ink. I matted this on a dark pink piece of paper with a green dog tooth stripe across middle. The lattice background paper is from same set (I don't know where they are from. These papers were kindly donated by my friend Karen).


I didn't have any matching ribbon so i got some seam binding and tinted it with the inks I used to colour ice cream scoops so I knew they matched perfectly. I tied bow with the 2 colours and attached as shown. I used a pink rose and a leaf from Sweet lilac flowers to 'dress' the bow as I thought it looked a bit bare.
The sentiment is again from same stamp set. I stamped in coffee archival and coloured in shabby shutters. i die cut it with a spellbinders die and inked lightly with spun sugar while still in die.


Finished card is A5. I hope you like what I made this time, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:



6 comments:

  1. Love your card Theresa, I think it looks good enough to eat. The Sweet Lilac flowers are such a perfect embellishment....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh,, I could just nom that ice cream... tis warm and sunny here today! thanks for joining in with the sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Theresa, I haven’t been to blogland for a while so I have promised myself half an hour this morning to take take a trip!

    Fabulous card can I have that ice cream please xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Linda. but i guess it would have melted by the time it gets there ;) xx

      Delete