Monday 12 May 2014

M is for marionettes....

This was a commissioned card that I had been asked to do a few months back and had never blogged it. I had just bought the set of marionettes, hands and theatre stencil from Clarity stamp and really wanted to use them. Luckily the recipient was somebody that loved anything to do with theatre.


So I started by embossing stencil on taupe card. I inked outer frame with brown distress inks and cut it out. Then I embossed burgundy velvet paper and cut out the curtains and assembled as on stencil. Next i did the floor which I again coloured with distressed inks.


I then embossed the lights on kraft card and used tarnished gold embossing powder to emphasize detail.
Then the marionettes followed. I stamped them in coffee archival ink onto kraft card and further stamped on kaiser kraft papers to paper piece their clothing. I used glossy accents on limbs and face to make them look more like wood.


I embossed one last piece of kaiser kraft paper for the theatre background and again embossed with tarnished gold powder to pick up the masks.
Then I stamped hands 3 times on ivory card so I could decoupage it. I coloured the hands with the spectrum noir pencils.


The last piece of 'artwork' is the mask that i stuck in corner, I again stamped it 3 times so I could decoupage it and again coloured it in with spectrum noir pencils. I assembled the card as in the pics and decided to hang marionettes from hands using thread. This was a labour of love and the most fiddly part of the card.


The base card was kraft card on which i simply stamped the sentiment in coffee archival.


As always I hope you like my make, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card into the folloing challenges:

pile it on - fuzzy
Paper crafting journey - spot's and/or stripes

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Theresa ....So much work. You deserve to win every challenge you enter with this card. Good Luck with them all. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bernie. but as usual i won't win xx

      Delete
  2. It fantastic Theresa, so glad you blogged this. Best of luck in the challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW really a masterpiece!
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and such a great design. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Theresa! What a wonderful card! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is FABULOUS!!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete