Wednesday 15 April 2015

wedding day

I'm back again and this time it is a wedding card I have to share with you. I usually take inspiration from invite to make my card but this time it was tough. The invite really threw me. In the end I worked with the colour palette and made something very different (to invite i mean).


I started with one of The Sue Wilson striplets which I cut out 3 times, on kraft card, without border to create the background 'trellis'. Next I stamped the sentiment in versamark and embossed with gold detail. I cut it out with one of the imperial squares from Spellbinders. I matted on a gold square (tonic). I cut a piece of centura pearl card with the next die up and layered as shown in the middle of the card.


I cut a frame out of white centura pearl and embossed using the intermediate die as well. I matted the lot on black and hen onto white centura with a pierced border. A final gold mat before sticking down onto kraft card. 
I finished it off with some pearls.


I hope you like this shortish post and I'm keeping fingers crossed that the bride and groom will like their card too, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sunday stamper - frame it
TTCRD - anything goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday -anything goes with a twist: add some pearls
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge - make your own background (die cut)



14 comments:

  1. Love that simple design with the black and gold - very classy. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo elegant Theresa.... A great design and classy with it .
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eileen. that is a big compliment from you xx

      Delete
  3. I know some cards give you a challenge...but you pulled this one off brilliantly..love it..And you have the most interesting blog...Will have to visit more..Found you on Simon Says Wednesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Connie. i should have put a pic of invite but didn't dare as it was off a relative xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 81 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hazel. i try to link as many times as i can xx

      Delete
  5. hello Theresa! lovely card, super sweet design! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Teresa. great name by the way ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. You've combined classic elements with gorgeous details. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ~Michelle

    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your elegant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete