Saturday 25 April 2015

lemon and lime pan pastels

 Hello my crafty fiends. After seeing so many lovely posts with pans from the talented Yvonne Froehlich, I decided it was time to try them out.


As I had bought some new Lavinia stamps at NEC in March, I thought it would be a good idea if I linked the two challenges.


I stamped with versamark on a white piece of card. I then sponged hansa yellow and chrome oxide green pans all over the card and the image appeared.


Then I stamped fly with black archival ink and coloured with spectrum noir pencils. I stamped all around the edges with the crackle border and fern green archival ink.
I then added glossy accents to fly and once dry I matted and layered as shown.


So that was my first effort with pan pastels. I know it is a clean and simple card but it is a new medium for me and I need to learn what it can do, Theresa xx

I would like to enter the card in the following challenges:

Lavinia stamps challenge - lemon and lime
Pan pastel challenge - anything goes
Sister act card challenge - anything goes



22 comments:

  1. Lovely, delicate card Theresa! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is very lovely Theresa the bee is especially gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring card, I love the frame too.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Theresa so glad you've ventured into the world of PanPastels, you'll love them and if you have any questions give me a shout as I'll help if I can!!
    Fabulous project too.
    Thank you for entering the PanPastel Chalkenge and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Yvonne. i will as i am wading in the dark with them xx

      Delete
  5. Love this Theresa so clean and fresh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very lovely card Theresa and I like it very much. The design is fabulous. Best of luck in your challenges Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma. Haven't had any luck with any of these challenges xx

      Delete
    2. well it would be a winner in my book thats for sure. I think you are very good at this crafting lark!!!

      Delete
    3. in the meantime it gets me nowhere....... xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely design Theresa, and I am so glad that you are using PanPastels...they are so versatile....and I do feel that they are under used in the craft market...hope you and your family had a lovely weekend....hugs...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the delicate tones of this beauty!Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with the Lavinia ladies this time, good luck, Julie x

    ReplyDelete