Wednesday 22 April 2015

flowers, lace buttons and pearls ....

Hello there. I have another MDF offering for you today. Well on the 8th of April my sister-in-law gave birth to a wonderful little boy, Luca. So I'm an aunty for the second time.


During my recent visit to NEC I saw this MDF shape and immediately thought that I could make it once the baby arrived. It is from Anne-Marie designs.


So I started by covering it with blue paper. It is from Hot off the Press. I sanded edges and inked them with stormy sky distress ink.


Then I attached lace to create collar. It is from Sweet lilac flowers. Then I added trimming to sleeves and leg area - it is from my stash.


Then it was time to add the flowers. So first I added a double bow in twine and a bow of white ribbon. I arranged flowers as shown. I inked the blue roses lightly to add some shading. All the roses and leaves are from Sweet lilac flowers, the others from my stash.
I then added some pearl swirls and the buttons finished it off nicely.


I'm hoping the new parents like the memento, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

Fussy and fancy challenge blog - springtime flowers
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - due date...well my nephew's due date...
TTCRD - anything goes
Craft my life - anything goes
Craft your passion - anything goes


17 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely Theresa!! A wonderful keepsake. Congrats on being an Aunty again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning creation Theresa...and the flowers compliment it perfectly...thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog..and so pleased you are an Auntie once again...hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous gift to treasure xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the new parents will treasure this very creative momento ....once again you never cease to amaze me ...such a lovely keepsake xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely Theresa, just the prefect design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wall-hanging! Congrats, aunty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, congratulations on becoming an aunty for the second time!

    As for your wall hanging...it is so, SO beautiful and I'm sure it will be something that will be treasured for a long, long time to come! Thank you so much for sharing this and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma for your continued support xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous hanging! Love the lace and the beautiful flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete