Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sweet 16 ....

Hello my crafty friends. This card was born following an appeal on FB by a mother for her daughter that suffers with ASD. She wanted her daughter to receive at least 16 cards for her 16th birthday.


I asked what she liked and I was told beach and animals. So I chose to go with the former. I must also add that this card was inspired by a piece of artwork by Wendy McCarthy. 


Now I am not at all handy with a glue gun and I had to think of a way round this. I remembered a stencil I had that would make the perfect wave pattern in my opinion. So I embossed a piece of white card. I put stencil back on masking the wave lines and coloured in the sea with the luscious mermaid lagoon (I so love this colour). Then I coloured wave lines with scattered straw.
I also inked the rest of the card with scattered straw as I think it is perfect colour for sand.


I then replaced the stencil and inked the 'sea' with versamark. I sprinkled it with kaleidoscope embossing powder and heat set it. I really think it gives it the perfect glint like the sun shining on the water. You have to see it in real life though.


Then I set about making the shells. the larger one is stamped on card in black archival and coloured with spectrum noir pencils. I then shaped it from the back and then versamarked it and clear embossed it twice to make it glassy.

 

The other shells are all stamped on clear shrink plastic. This I coloured from the back with alcohol inks: shell pink, butterscotch, ginger, caramel.


I stamped sentiment in black archival and clear embossed it. I die cut it and while still in die inked lightly with mermaid lagoon.
I then wrapped some twine around topper and attached all the shells. Then sentiment is on foam pads for dimension.
I matted it on black which made the piece pop.


All stamps and stencil used are from Claritystamp.

I dohope the girl likes it as much as I enjoyed making it, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sunday stamper - true blue
TTCRD - anything goes
Sisteract card challenge - anything goes, 100th challenge


6 comments:

  1. Ooh fabulous Theresa!! Love your sea and the lovely shell. Thank you for the mention! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so welcome Wendy. thanks for inspiration xx

      Delete
  2. What a clever and pretty card, Theresa. Any girl would be delighted to receive this card. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love the Mermaid Lagoon sea... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete