Sunday 12 April 2015

2 stamps 2 ways .....

Hello again. Today I have a canvas for you. I can safely post it now as the recipient has had it.


I started with a 6x6 canvas and used the last Claritystamp NDC stencil to make background. I used several distress inks from the blue and green families and also mustard seed from yellows. I kept shifting stencil and adding the inks. I then had to extend the pattern as stencil wasn't big enough for canvas.


I stamped flourish and cage on tissue paper in black archival and clear embossed it. i then mod-podged it to canvas. The sentiment got the same treatment. Stamps are all by Tim Holtz.
I finished it off by adding some highlights with a white pen.


The card was created by simply stamping images in versamark on coated card stock. I then brayered over with butterscoth and sailboat blue adirondak inks and this makes image pop through.
I turned it into an Easter card and embossed sentiment in white. I went round it with a black sherpie pen framing image and creating a faux mat.


I hope you like my 'arty' attempt, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Power and spark challenge - a pop of pastel


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful take on the stamp in two ways! Love the soft effect on the second one and the pretty swirl on the first. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Theresa two wonderful makes. I really cannot understand why you have not been snapped up by a Design team .....SOMEONE OUT THERE LOOK AT THIS WOMANS ART.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Bernie. Good PA. Cheque on post xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh lovely Theresa! Love the swirly background and fab colours of your canvas and the bird cage stamp looks great over the top. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hii Theresa, two wonderful creations! Love the colours in both makes
    and the birdcage image is beautiful, so dainty. Have a good week Hun.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Theresa I love the fab colours on the canvas and I do like the resist card just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete