Monday 12 October 2015

ho, ho, ho ....

Hello there. I seem to be just having busy weeks lately. Birthdays are just creeping up on me and then I have to really scramble to get a card together. However today I am sharing a Christmas card with you today.


 On a piece of white card I painted the background using Aqua tints. These are watercolour paints that are very vibrant. To get the landscape I used a piece of torn card.


To create the moon and clouds I used a faux bleaching technique with just water.


I added depth to the hills with distress inks that work very well with the aqua tints.


I then stamped the images using archival inks in first and second generation.
All the stamps are from Sheena Douglass.


I tried to add a bit more depth to the moon by adding a bit of Wink of Stella. The stars are added using a white Sharpie.
The dies are the Emerald ones from Hochanda.


So I do hope you like my Christmas offering. I think I will be making a few more of these this season, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Wonderful water colour
Word art Wednesday - anything goes
Christmas stamping all year round - favourite combination/multiple layers
Christmas card challenge - anything goes


26 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 204th AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Theresa and I love the way you have constructed the scene. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrant colour hun . Just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab scene you have created. Very vibrant...I wish I could create a background like that.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Linda believe you me it is easy enough. you create fab projects yourself xx

      Delete
  5. You are a bad influence Theresa. Trying not to purchase at the moment. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops sorry Naomi. but in turn others are a bad influence on me ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card Theresa. The sky and landscape look magical. I love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning scene, love what you have created, it really does look magical xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much detail to enjoy with this delightful creation . Your water colouring is exquisite . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Lovely scenery and beautiful colors! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is fabulous! Love the scene you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful-I love the whole scene you created

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card. I love your background and the colour tones are brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely holiday card. The colors are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete