Friday 30 October 2015

gelli, stencil and punchinella

Hello my friends and fellow crafters. I hope this will be a quick post but I know I have quite a few pics.


I was nearly going to give the Claritystamp blog challenge a miss this month as everything got in the way and I hadn't had time to make anything. Then this morning Massimo said he needed to make a prayer box. It was supposed to be a shoe box covered by paper.
But obviously no oridinary paper would do for him. He said let's make gelli plate prints.
So he set about choosing the stencil and the acrylic colours.


So out with the large gelli plate and the ocean swirl stencil. He spread 2 greens, a bit of ultramarine and a tiny bit of black with the brayer and laid down the stencil. Together we mopped the paint off the plate with copy paper and once I lifted stencil, we were left with this beauty.


Then he spread wedgewood blue over the plate once the other paint had dried. I repositioned the ocean swirl stencil and then using punchinella (sequin waste), I lifted some of the paint off. Once I removed the stencil we were left with the above.
Then once it was dry he again spread gree, ultramarine and phthalo blue over it and together we pulled off the print below. I must say we were both very pleased.
Now we only had 4 more to go. He did give up after the third. There was a lot of waiting involved which didn't amuse him in the least.



 The hard work was now done and then it was up to me to cover the box.



It was a large graze box that I had kept as I liked it's shape and thought one day I will need it.
Below are the pics of the box from different sides.
We both really liked it.
And so I decided I would enter this in the Claritystamp challenge that asked for the use of stencils.

I hope you enjoyed the process and like our combined effort. Please feel free to leave any comments as Massimo would love to read them, Theresa xx.







26 comments:

  1. fabulous Theresa and Massimo!!
    I have a lot to practise before I can make such beautiful papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Massi xxx Looking forward to seeing you next week xxxx Lovely papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great result for you and Massimo. Massimo is very artistic and creative but I can understand the hanging around can be a bit boring. You did a great job of covering the box Theresa. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Gelli Print .... when I have time to play and get messy this is what I love to do ... trouble is I never remember how I got to the finished product!!. Lovely shaped box, Well done Massimo and Theresa .. I'm sure his box was the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. He will take it to school on Monday xx

      Delete
  5. Well done Massive and There's a it's fab you have both done a great job. Such depth of colour . Good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Well done Massimo! Fabulous gelli prints for your prayer box, such a lovely way to use the prints too. I never use my gelli plate as I'm not really sure how to get the best prints, you have inspired me to get it out and try again! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes some playing and depends on trsnslucency and opacity of colours Wendy. But it's lots of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done both of you. I love crafting with my young grandsons. They are at the paint, glue and glitter stage. Your Gelli-prints are beautiful, such lovely colours. I bet Massimo can't wait until Monday to show his friends. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way of recycling and a great way to use gelli prints.! I'm so pleased Massimo did not leave it until Sunday evening to tell you - that was my trick many moons ago!!
    When teaching, planning out the art and craft was my favourite (and bringing all the skills into as many other curricular lessons as possible;) to see how each student brought their own ideas and skills to the task was also a big thrill. Best wishes in this month's challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shelagh. i only found out as i rummaged in his school bag xx

      Delete
  10. Love what you have made the colour stencil works well good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation Theresa and Massimo! One day he will finish the projects and you will be able to play and go!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work Massimo and Theresa, a fab way of recycling the box. Thanks for entering this month's Clarity challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Theresa and Massimo. What a lovely Prayer Box. I love the colours and the techniques that you have used to make this lovely piece of art. Well done Massimo. Wishing you both the best of luck in the challenge. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job both of you - such arty work :-)
    Good luck in the Challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete