Thursday 18 February 2016

Easter blessings.....

Hello my friends. Easter will soon be here and so when I went through a couple of challenge blogs I decided to try and get started with some Easter cards.


This is the first one I made. The stamps are from creative stamping magazine from last year. It involved a bit of careful masking for the main image.


I stamped in black archival ink and then coloured in using spectrum noir pencils.
I finished it off with some glossy accents on handle.


For the second card I cut 2 pieces of post-it notes that were big enough for chosen stamps. I stuck them to basecard where I liked the position and applied tumbled glass with a brush. I added some depth with weathered wood and a make-up sponge.


When I removed the post-its I was left with 2 white rectangles. i then stamped the images. The flowers are from Claritystamp and the message from the magazine. I thought it needed something else and then I saw the snail and decided to add him to picture. I really like him.
I outlined the boxes with a fine black micron pen.


I coloured the daffodils with spectrum noir pencils and deepened the shadows with the grey scale pencils. 
I finished it off with some glossy accents on the shell.


The last card also involves some masking where the 'eggs' are concerned.


The stamps are from the magazine and the sentiment is from Claritystamp. Here I stamped with potting soil archival ink and clear embossed the basket. I did not emboss the eggs or the chick. Again coloured with spectrum noir pencils.


I hope you enjoy my offerings. I sure had fun creating them, hugs Theresa xx

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

Less is more challenge - one layer and add a stem
Casology - egg
Word art Wednesday - anything goes





30 comments:

  1. are your cards all blue or is it the lighting? lovely anwyay, i'm just curious as I mostly only use white cardbases but blue looks nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only one is blue. the others are white but in photos they look blue xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, Theresa!
    What a fabulous card. Your participation in our challenges means SO much to me, and I can thank you enough for playin along with us. I hope you have a blessed week, and that you will join us again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. For another fun challenge, please join us at CropStop - www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such careful for masking for this beautiful trio of cards. Very impressed that you've already started on Easter cards! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards, your masking is brilliant the cards came out so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful Easter cards Theresa and all so pretty. I love the inking round the post it notes fot the shapes which look as though you could lift them off the card! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Easter cards Theresa! Your expert coloring makes them works of art. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy here with the Easter cards Theresa but a wonderful selection of one layer cards. Love how you've created such dimension on the one layer with your perfect stamping and masking. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooops! thanks for playing at ATCAS too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards, your colouring is so effective and adds great depth to your designs!
    Thanks so much Theresa
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the classic feel of your images! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Easter cards! You did an amazing job with your coloring, masking and blending of your inks! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your cards! TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful stamping and masking, a terrific trio!
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are lovely. Wonderful masking! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete