Hello there. I am so chuffed today to be sharing this piece with you. Well last month I was the lucky winner of the IndigoBlu challenge and a s a result i was asked to create something as inspiration for this next challenge.
So here is my project. It is a recycled coffee tin. I do enjoy creating something useful from something that otherwise would have ended in the trash.
Next Iused watercolour paper and spritzed it generously with water. Then I sprinkled on some brushos. I used crimson, yellow and ultramarine and spritzed some more so the colours ran further.
When I was happy with the blend i let it dry. Then I turned to stamping the butterfly on clearly for art transparent film using cobalt blue archival ink. I left it to dry and in the meantime I rummaged through my stamps to look for the ones I wanted to use.
I used - archival inks: watering can, cobalt blue, fern green, red geranium.
ivory embossing powder
red tinsel embossing powder
So once the paper was dry and cut to size I set about creating the background. I used the script from Sarah's choice first and stamped while holding it in my hand and this a more patchy look. Then using the hessian from same set I stamped along both upper and lower edges.
Next came the ink splats and then the feathers. Then I dried the paper with my heat gun and turned to the versamark and the bubbles. I went around the edges with this stamp and embossed in ivory.
Once I'd heat set it, I stamped again in a random session and embossed in red tinsel. Finally i stamped the words create art in black archival.
I then used mod podge to stick paper to tin and once dry I mod podged the outside as well. I then added some twine at the top and bottom as shown and used mod podge to stick it down and give it a protective coating.
I coloured the hearts in the feathers with a red sharpie and added some glossy accents.
Now I could finish the butterfly. The film was dry and so I decided that I wanted it to have a subtle shimmer to it. So before I cut it out I covered it with the Tim Holtz frosty film.
Once I had fussy cut it, I coloured it in on the reverse using sharpies. Then I heated it and molded it. Once cold this film will retain it's shape. I then stuck it to the tin as shown. And so my brushes have a new home.
I do hope my project inspires you to take part in the IndigoBlu challenge. If you need further inspiration head back to the IndigoBlu challenge blog where you will find other projects from the DT.
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - recycle/upcycle
Craft stamper take it make it challenge - text me