Friday 26 February 2016

ballerina 2

As you can see you didn't have long to wait. Here she is again. I do love her elegance and almost ethereal feel of her.
Today is time for another Fussy and Fancy challenge. This week it is being hosted by the talented Judy and she has chosen a bingo board as inspiration.


FUSSY & FANCY
SHABBY FUN BINGO

REQUIREMENTS:  
The requirements are simple.  
1.  Go for either one full line (that is using items selected vertical, horizontal or diagonally) or better still go for full house.  The chart is made so that full house will be quite easy and enjoyable to do.


Those entrants who go for full house are asked to leave a comment on the post on Judy's Blog athttp://inkypinkydelights.blogspot.co.uk/ telling me they have gone for full house.  She will then pop the names from the full house comments on my Blog into a hat and the lucky winner will win a little bit of something which she will donate.

2.  Each entrant is asked to tell us what line they have gone for, and what they have used to qualify please.  

3.  Most of all, just have fun and let your creativity run away with you.  


FUSSY & FANCY
Or CAS with a twist

(DO YOUR OWN THING)

DISTRESSING

DIE-CUTS




SPARKLY MIST



(Glitter etc)

SOMETHING
OLD


SOMETHING NEW


FRILLS &/OR LACE

PRETTY PEARLS TOO

DREAMY & DELICATE

(eg: Dreamy delicate colours)

TEXTURE & FLAIR


(Embossing, Structure paste, Cheesecloth etc)


VERGING ON ROMANTIC
(hearts, anniversary etc)


MAKE IT A PAIR!
(two of something)

VINTAGE OR CUTE

(IMAGE)

RIBBONS OR BOWS

SHAPED OR SQUARE

ANYTHING GOES!

(add something of your choice)



So this is how I created it. I started with the ballerina image from Morgan's Art World. It is a new image I have acquired and I fell in love with her. I used spectrum noir pencils to colour her in. She is monochrome apart from a bit of pink on her cheeks. I felt that it made her look more dreamy and vintagey.


I cut her out and distressed the edges with pumice stone and hickory smoke distress ink. I then matted it onto black and pearlescent silver.


Then I turned my attention to creating the textured backgound. I cut a piece of white card and embossed it with the swirly embossing folder by Sue Wilson. Next I grouted the card with polar white glitter embossing paste by Creative expressions. This is a technique that I read about on Sue Wilson's blog and you can find a video about it here.
I matted this on red once dry.


While it was drying I turned my attention to some die cutting. I have had this die for several years and i have only used it once before. So I made myself use it. It is a spellbinders one for Heartfelt creations. I cut one out of red and another out of black. I chopped each in half and then offset them slightly so the black creates a shadow.
I also cut the bella rosa die from pearlescent silver card.


Now it was time to assemble and embellish. On an 8x8 basecard I put down the background. I stuck some black lace across the middle.
I mounted the ballerina onto foam pads to give her some dimension and before sticking down I hinged the die cut as shown. Now it appears to be peeping from under the image.
The other die I attached to the right upper corner.
Then I made a double bow with ribbon and also with twine and stck them down. I chopped the bella rosa die cuts and used them as shown tucked under bows.
I embellished the bows with a Sweet lilac flower.
The final touch was added by some pearls in the corners.


And I believe that thus I made full house. I really enjoyed making this and now it is over to you. For further inspiration please have a look at the main blog to see what my team mates have come up with.
Take care and see you over the other side, hugs Theresa xx.


16 comments:

  1. Theresa this is just fabulous - your colouring is superb and what a beautiful elegant image x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful Theresa and I love the subtle shading you have used on the ballerina and then the prettily coloured flowers, and the double layered die works fantastically and then finished with the pretty flourish, flower, ribbon and twine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Therese. I just love it all, so much work but so worth it! I see you have gone for full house too. Don't forget to pop a comment on my Blog post telling me you have done full house then your name can go into the draw. Thank you so much for supporting me in this challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so beautiful ! I just love your use of dies and ribbon....really awesome !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Theresa, I agree with you, your ballerina is beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Theresa with a beautiful image, it is so crisp and she looks really graceful and serene . Brilliant inspiration for the Bingo Challenge, and. Full house too....just brilliant...hugs..xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jo. i fell in love with this image. she is so graceful, hugs xx

      Delete
  7. So Beautiful!! You did a great design. I love how the focus is her and the flowers are the only thing with color. It works sooo well. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Julie. that is what i wanted to achieve xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card Theresa. I love the way you colored the ballerina. Amazing! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Asmah and thanks for the visit xx

      Delete