Friday 12 June 2015

sunset at sea ....

Well I'm back with another sea and sunset card. I do love to create these scenes. I love the sea and the colours of sunset and crating these transports me straight home to the beautiful island of Malta.


We have just spent a week there and I have observed a few sunsets at the beach. This is also the card I made for my husband on our 15th anniversary, he also loves he sea.


It is quite a simple card to make. I simple inked with distress inks and brushes through a circle with distress inks. I used a mask for the sun and squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral, tumbled glass and stormy sky. 


For the sea I used tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, stormy sky, faded jeans and chipped sapphire.I added reflections with spectrum noir pencils.
The sandy area is inked with fossilized amber.
I added some waves with white pen and the glimmer with a clear wink of stella pen.
Then I stamped the sentiment from the sea set of stamps by Hobby Art.
I finished the card with a few shells, some pearls and a blue mat.


So I hope you like my offering. My hubbie sure did, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Hobby Art blog challenge - beside the seaside
sisteract card challenge - anything goes


18 comments:

  1. This is a super little scene, I love the sparkle on the water!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Theresa, I love it - especially the shimmery sea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes me back to Malta too. Love the shimmer Theresa. A very lovely composition. Good luck in your challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. You should come there when we are around xx

      Delete
  4. Your Artwork as always is stunning Theresa . Good Luck in the Hobby Art Challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Theresa. The colours are are perfect sunset shades. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful blend of colours in your masked circle, and the effect you've achieved for the water is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita. Glad I got it right finally xx

      Delete
  7. I love the watery sparkle, what a gorgeous scene, your husband will have loved this card!
    Thank you very much for joining us.
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! this is stunning, amazing inking and accessories and the shimmer you've created on the water is FANTASTIC. Sorry I didn't get to you before the challenge closed.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sarah. no worries. most people comment after the challenges close anyway xx

      Delete
  9. Adorable card Theresa! I just love the sea you created!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sister Act Card Challenge
    Maria DT

    ReplyDelete