Wednesday 17 June 2015

ship in a bottle ....

Hello again. This was the second of the cards that I created with the doodle pantry digi images.
I got the idea from the images themselves as one of them had a ship in a bottle.


I wanted to take it further. So I first cut out a bottle from acetate, leaving a 1cm edge on the sides.
Then I decided where it was going on the background sheet and drew faint pencil lines along the edges. I cut along these with a craft knife so i could then insert the extra edge that I had left earlier on acetate. (hope it makes sense!) 



I cut out 3 ship images to decoupage and create depth. Then stuck it down on background paper, which also comes with the image when you purchase it.
I also inked around the edges of the background with frayed burlap and gathered twigs.


I cut a cork cap out of thin cork and attached it to bottle. The bottle is then stuck down by slotting edges through the previously cut slots and securing with double sided tape.
This was then matted onto dark brown card.



The sentiment was printed off on the computer as I discovered that I need a stamp that says this.  I find that quite ironic considering I have probably thousands of stamps!
Anyhow, I cut it banner shaped and matted it onto brown and attached it as shown.
I stuck it down onto Kraft base card and finished it off with some brown pearls.




I do hope you like this effort with the digi stamps which is out of my comfort zone, Theresa xx.

i would like to enter this in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
sister act card challenge - anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Very clever love the bottle xxxx .Can't believe out of the hundreds of stamps you didn't have a Fathers day !!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not that i didn't have stamps but this was a print i was given when i did a guest dt piece for Through the Craft room door. thanks xx

      Delete
  2. Hi , This is just amazing! I am so looking forward to working alongside you on the FFF DT. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love it!! This card is amazing and has so much work!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Masculine card! I love the dimension of the ship! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with TTCRD this week and please come and join us for the new "Anything Goes" Challenge starting tomorrow. I love visitors to my blog at ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete