Thursday 18 June 2015

home is where the heart is.......

Hello again. Today i'm popping in with 2  CAS cards. I was having a look at The Less is More blog and the theme was home.


These cards are created in same way, just using different background and colour of ink and house stamp.


The brown one is stamped with gathered twigs distress ink on ivory linen card. I thought this would give a canvas-like look. So I stamped and dried lightly with heat gun and then pulled out colour with a damp brush. This creates shading without much fuss.
The sentiment is stamped in potting soil archival ink.


The blue one uses chipped sapphire distress ink and a different stamp. Here I also stamped some birds in first and second generation ink to create depth.


After pulling colour in same way, and drying with heat gun, I added some glitter glue where there was snow. I hope you can see it in close ups.


So I hope you like my CAS cards. All the stamps are from the Sheena Douglass range, a Little bit Scenic.

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

Less is More - one layer card - home
TTCRD - anything goes
Sister act Card challenge - anything goes




18 comments:

  1. Two very lovely cards ...it just goes to show what a change of colour can do . xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are 2 different stamps Bernie............. thanks xx

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely, classy! Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super makes, I prefer the image in the blue card .... but that's just personal choice. I like that you've pulled the colour in to make it more watercolour too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i prefer the blue one too as that is my favourite colour xx

      Delete
  4. These are great, love those stamps and they look great used on these one layer cards as they are so detailed and don't need anything else. The blue one looks great but I also like the brown on the linen base.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Theresa...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great stamps... they look superb in monochrome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 fantastic takes on our home challenge Theresa.
    Those stamp scenes are AMAZING and you've really worked some fabulous inky techniques with them. Sorry I didn't get to you before the challenge closed but thanks so much for playing along.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, classy CAS cards! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful home Theresa, wish it's mine, lol :) Love the simplicity of your card inside and outside. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door and I hope to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete