Saturday 6 June 2015

royal butterfly

Hello my crafty friends. My offering today is an all Tim Holtz affair. This card will be winding itself to a very lovely lady as a belated birthday card.


I started with a piece of ivory card and I brushed all the new distress inks across it. I squidged some ink onto my glass mat and used a wide damp brush to pick colour up.


Next I inked the background number stamp with fossilized amber and twisted citron. I held it in my hand and stamped all over haphazardly, but covering the whole background.
Using a small pointed brush i added a bit more water to ink and flicked all over background. I used abandoned coral, mermaid lagoon and cracked pistachio.


I dried it thoroughly and stamped the sentiment in black archival and heat embossed with clear powder. The crown got the same treatment. 
Then I added the argyle stamp to two corners in black archival. The rest of the stamps are in watering can.


 On a separate piece of card I stamped the swallow tail butterfly in black archival and heat embossed in clear. I coloured it with the same distress inks and a damp brush.
I then fussy cut it and shaped it and attached it to background.
I inked the edges with frayed burlap and gathered twigs.
I matted on black and attached to Kraft card.


So that is my card which I hope the recipient will like, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: 

TTCRD - anything goes
Sisteract card challenge - anything goes


20 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Theresa, I am sure the recipient will be delighted xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is incredible! I thought your combination of images was whimsical and wonderful and that color palette is stunning. The background has so much great detail, yet that butterfly also steals the show! I really love how you included black on the butterfly as well as all of those energetic colors. You have an amazing eye for composition and art. This is lovely and vibrant and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Andrea for your amazing comments. i feel so chuffed xx

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! The background is so beautiful. Love the pretty butterfly, too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the colours and so much details !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the detail in this Theresa xx So much care and work has gone in to this. it is a stunning card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. Your detailed description of how you achieved the background is really helpful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that's beautiful, love it xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterfly wings are so pretty! Lovely card! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Theresa .........blinkin love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda. i know i can count on you ;) xx

      Delete