Saturday 8 March 2014

poetry project

As some of you might know i have 2 boys. On Thursday evening, just as i picked him up from school, the older one goes: " Mum, I need a favour. I have to hand in this poetry project for tomorrow as it is World Poetry day. It has to be A4 max and i'd like to do something about the sea and fish.


I was kind of swearing silently as that didn't leave us much time and I still had to cook tea. Anyway as soon as we finished eating, I got out an A4 sheet of centura pearl card and my trusty distress inks. I showed him how to apply ink with the Tim Holtz applicator and started a tthe bottom with faded jeans, salty ocean, broken china, peacock feathers, peeled paint and shabby shutters. Then he went over the last 2 with broken china again to tone them down.
In the meantime i had stamped and embossed Ryn's koi, butterfly fish and octopus on a separate piece of card. I then showed him how to create interest on background using brayer, elastic bands and water and he dried it off with heat gun. Then we added more interest with Ryn's shoal of fish and bubbles using first and second generation ink with faded jeans.


He then wrote down the poem he had chosen in white and finally added some kelp in olive archival ink.


I coloured in the stamped images with distress inks and fussy cut them. I attached the koi and octopus as shown but he wanted movement with fish so i stuck it to pennies so it would spin. When they were all in place I added glossy accents to eyes and a bit of stickles glitter to fish to mimic glistening and voila'it was 10.30pm.


I hope you like our joint effort and if you do please leave us a comment, Theresa and Alessandro xx



9 comments:

  1. Brilliant work ... a total delight to read how you both created it ...x
    Eileen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fab Theresa. I bet Alessandro gets top marks for it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa and Alessandro, this is a fantastic piece! What a great joint effort! Beautiful background and colouring on the fish. I especially like the shimmer on Butterfly Fish. Your boys are lucky to have a mom as talented as you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Ryn. I hope they appreciate it if they are even aware xx

      Delete
  4. Such an amazing piece of art - well done, the two of you....don't you love those school projects.....especially on a short notice...I'm sure you got an A+ for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it. I see a mermaid in the white writing...love how it moves. Great job to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful work from both of you Theresa and Alessandro! Like it a lot xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again to all lovely ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The octupos are smart and they can escape easily in the tank that is why maybe that is why the octupos here reach the koi pond he he
    butterfly koi fish

    ReplyDelete