Saturday 26 September 2015

silent night ....

Hello my friends. Today I decided to have a break from kraft card. When I saw this Stampendous stamp I had to have it. i love its simplicity and I think it really conveys a lot about the true meaning of Christmas.


It also screamed clean card to me and no embellishments. So that is what I did.


I stamped image twice in coffee archival ink and clear embossed it. Then I coloured it using distress inks. I know I used twisted citron, fossilized amber, hickory smoke, mermaid lagoon and tattered rose.
I then added a tiny bit of sparkle on star. I used white glitter with no interference colours so it glistens  and twinkles like a star.



The sentiment is from Claritystamp and I cut it out with a Tim Holtz labels die. I added some twine.
I mounted the lot on easel cards.
I do hope you like my 2 CAS cards as much as I enjoyed making them, Theresa xx



I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges;

Word art Wednesday - anything goes
Simply less is more -  recipe: something shiny - the star
Paperminutes challenge - Weinachten im September


18 comments:

  1. This is an adorable image and your easel cards are just great Theresa, and work perfectly just as they are with nothing to distract the eye. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards and cute image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love it. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty design Theresa!
    Lovely cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful stamp Theresa and super colouring!
    Thank you for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable image Theresa and brilliantly coloured.
    Great use of shine and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so sweet :) thank you for joining us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lovely traditional Christmas card, love your colouring.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete