Friday 24 July 2015

things with wings ....

Hello there. Over at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge the theme is Things with wings. This is what I came up with as a DT project.


I got some inspiration from Norma's lever card that she put forward as her project for the fancy folds. You can find her tutorial here.


This is the card from the inside.
I started with 2 8x8 cards and so i adjusted the measurements accordingly. I used distress inks to break the whiteness that would show through the folds.
The rest of the card is made from Graphic 45 papers, botanical tea. Yes somehow i summoned enough courage to cut up a few pages.....it was quite difficult.


I decorated as shown in pics and also inked around all edges for a more distressed look.
I also added a frame around the central aperture as it gave a neater look.


   



The above pics show the added embellishments in the card. I covered the back panel in brown card and added some stamps and small postcards from the paper pack and a chip board sentiment.
I carried theme on inside of card and this will also provide me with space to write in.
As you can see the embellies are all around birds and butterflies, hence things with wings.


I decoupaged the flower and the main butterfly to add some dimension. I stamped sentiment in potting soil archival ink on a blank chip board banner.


Finally I added extra embellishment using Sweet Lilac Flowers. Some pearls, pins and glossy accents finish the card off.


So I hope you enjoyed my creation for today and it offers you some inspiration. If you are looking for more inspiration hop over to blog to see more fab creations by the lovely members of the FFFchallenge DT.

So come and join us over at The Fussy and Fancy Challenge and don't forget that there are some lovely goodies up for grabs, Theresa xx




5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Tberesa and the Graphics 45 papers are beautiful, and I love the shape of the card too and the added flowers finish it wonderfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card again Theresa. I love all these different folded cards and this looks so clever ... from the outside you would never know how complicated it was. It is one I need to try. I know what you mean about Graphic 45 papers, they are too precious and beautiful to give away. xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Annie. it looks more complicated than it is. enjoy xx

      Delete
  3. I agree with everyone's comments this is such a lovely card! So pretty. It would be pretty enough to frame. ♥ Mary S.

    ReplyDelete