Saturday 11 July 2015

cup of tea anyone? ......

Hello again. Tea is not one of my favourite beverages but I actually love this stamp. To me it says tea in a posh place, possibly in times gone by. So I went with it.



So I stamped the image in potting soil archival and clear embossed it 4 times to have images for decoupage. I stamped it once on an ivory g45 papaer to cut out the runner and once on a patterned g45 paper for table cloth. 

 




I coloured images with distress ink and a damp brush, adding darker colours to build up depth.


I fussy cut all the images and set about building the picture up. I decided to tear the 2 edges to give idea that table was bigger.




On another brown 6x6 sheet of g45 I stamped the sentiment in versamark and embossed in ivory. I thought this sentiment was very apt.


 I then stamped the bag on another colour of g45 ant the gloves on spotty g45. I fussy cut these and stuck them in the corner as shown.
I mounted the whole card onto cream 8x8 base card.

The stamps are from Sheena Douglass, the sentiment is a g45.

And viola' ..... A cup of tea anyone? Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sister act card challenge - anything goes
Craft your passion - anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes






16 comments:

  1. This is lovely xxx And I like the sentiment xx tea for two yes please !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, the sentiment is wonderful too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card again Theresa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, and a beautiful colour scheme - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I like the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at sisteractcardchallenge.

    Hermien
    dt member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and I love the table setting you have created. It looks so real. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete