Wednesday 15 July 2015

poppy on a circle .....

Hello there. Today I have a circular card on offer. Those of you who know Eileen Godwin might recall that she "launched" these crealis dies. So anything that she uses we end up buying....


So I bought 3 shapes of these and I decided to use the circular one first. The poppy is a Penny Black stamp also introduced to me by the above mentioned Eileen. Yes I know she has a lot to answer for.....


I stamped it in black archival ink on linen card and coloured it with distress markers and a damp brush. For the flower I used abandoned coral and barn door. For the poppy heads and stems I used shabby shutters and peeled paint.

The sentiment is from Claritystamp and I stamped it in black archival and clear embossed.

I then used some of the dies to cut image out and the sentiment. I mounted them on foam pads for dimension at different heights.

The base card I die cut with the larger circle in the tonic circle set.


So i hope you like my circular offer. The recipient did as she loves poppies, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sister act card challenge - anything goes
Artistic inspiration challenge - anything goes with a twist of summer
Papertake weekly challenge - don't be square


21 comments:

  1. Very pretty design, Theresa! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Theresa and your colouring of taht amazing poppy is perfect! Thank you for sharing at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ...A blooming amazing and just lovely card,Theresa. thank you so much for the mention in your post .. I love helping people to spend money and keep the economy going! lol
    The dies and that stamp go well together. a good investment in both I reckon!
    Eileen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eileen. i always appreciate the pointers in the right direction from you xx

      Delete
  4. Love this card, it's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Theresa! I've just bought the hexagonal set so I will be playing too! Xxx

      Delete
    2. oh goody Wendy. looking forward to seeing your makes xx

      Delete
  5. Very pretty layout and design. And I LOVE that poppy stamp --- so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful. Fabulous shaped card and layout and your poppy is lovely! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card ! I love how you have laid out your image.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS!! Love the circle dies, and the PB image is stunning! What brand linen paper do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Deb, it is fro papermill direct and thanks xx

      Delete
    2. I loved this s die SO much, that I ordered it through eBay. The only place I could find it, as I live in the US. If you know of anywhere else I can purchase the Crealies dies, please let me know. I had to pay $42 US dollars for this one die! Yikes! I won't do that again, but, after I saw your card, I had to have it. I also ordered the PB stamp. Waiting on the die to arrive. Can't wait. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete