Sunday 13 August 2017

Christmas is on its way

Hi there my friends. I seem to have rediscovered my blog which I must say I had really neglected. This time I have a CAS card on offer.


It was inspired by the LIM challenge blog. It sent me looking for this Sheena Douglass stamp which I have had for ages and never got to use. I used watercolour card and stamped in watering can archival ink.


I then used distress markers and a damp brush to colour it in; twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch, hickory smoke, lucky clover and a bit of ground espresso.
Considering it is a Christmas card, some glitter had to be used. So I added some Stardust stickles to highlight the snow.
I also added glossy accents to the glass panels.



The sentiment is embossed with a wow embossing powder. And another one off the list! 
Hugs Theresa xx


I would like to enter the following challenges:

Simply less is more - one layer card: vehicle
Addicted to CAS - one layer card
HLS August Christmas challenge - anything goes with optional twist


23 comments:

  1. Terrific vintage card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Theresa. Such a great sentiment to go with the truck carrying Christmas tree. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers for our August Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scene. Feel like christmas is coming around. Love your fabulous coloring too. Great!
    Marge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes a really lovely and rather unusual Christmas card Theresa, I love the stickles to highlight the snow and the blue looks great on the truck and a pretty green for the tree. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I meant to say I love that sparkly sentiment too. x

      Delete
  5. Fab make and awesome colouring too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully watercoloured. Love the colours. Fabulous Christmas card. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. 😊 Trina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgoeus image, and you have colored it beautifully! I love this wonderfully CAS card. Thanks for linking up and joining us at Happy Little Stampers August Christmas Challange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card! :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this Christmas card. The colors and sentiment are so nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card with perfect colours.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you coloured this, and the addition of the glitter is perfect for Christmas.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete