Wednesday 9 November 2016

gelatos and IndigoBlu

Hello my friends. Recently I watched Kay on Hochanda working with gelatos and she inspired me to play.


As the current challenge on the Indigoblu blog is monochrome , I decided to go with this theme.
So out came all the blue gelatos and a white pearl one. I then used watercolour card and scribbled with the gelatos which I spritzed liberally with water and allowed to drip and run.


I then stamped the beautiful snowflake (I love this stamp) several times using a dark blue gelato. Using one of the gelato tools I stamped several dots and added shadow and highlighted areas to emulate bubbles.


I then stamped the snowflake twice on acetate and embossed one in blue pearl and the other in black detail wow embossing powder. I fussy cut them and layered them so the black created a shadow.
I stamped the sentiment in cobalt blue archival ink and clear embossed. I die cut it with a banner die by Sue Wilson and attached as shown.


I finished it off with some seed beads and 2 snowflakes. It's a pity that the shimmer is not captured by the photos.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

HLS Christmas challenge - watercolours (gelatos)


12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Theresa in the wonderful shades of blue and I love the large snowflake on acetate with the pretty pearls centrepiece. I saw Kay using the gelatos and they do look fun to use, so maybe when funds permit I will give them a try. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are a great medium and i don't use them as much as i should, hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Theresa, beautiful card and its lovely to see you got out the Gelatos and used those along with that wonderful snowflake. I love the idea of embossing on Acetate. Thanks so much for entering the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge this month. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, and I love your acetate snowflake!
    Thanks for coming to play at Happy Little Stampers this time and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely use of the gelatos! Great use of acetate for the snowflake, letting the blue of the gelato show through it. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful snowflake and great use of the gelatos! I love it! Thanks for joining the indigo blu challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete