Wednesday 15 October 2014

get spooky

Hello my crafty friends. Today's offering is constructed with Visible Image stamps and the brick stencil from Claritystamp.


I started by stamping Edward first in black archival and masked him off. Then I stamped the background. First I stamped the castle in watering can archival ink. Then I laid down the outer part of stencil just leaving the opening visible. I then stamped trees in black archival. For the front I used the stem from flower incognito which i again stamped in black archival. Finally I added the bats.


I added moon mask and castle mask and coloured in sky with distress inks and brushes. I coloured in castle and Edward with spectrum noir pencils. i masked Edward again and added some shadow around him and grounded him.


I masked the opening and left Edward masked and swapped the stencil fro brick stencil. Using brushes and distress inks I coloured it in. i sharpened edges with a make-up sponge. Then I added texture with a texture stamp from Jake skates set.
Then I stamped and embossed 3 large bats which I fussy cut and added to pic after molding wings to give some dimension.
Finally I added some highlights with a white pen and glosy accents to his eyes and shoes.

As usual I hope you like my make, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Visible Image - get spooky
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - O is for October and so Halloween
TTCRD - anything goes 




11 comments:

  1. A super card Theresa, love the combination of stamps and lots of hard work. The result is wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous!! I a not familiar with Visible Image stamps but am heading over there now. Terrific idea with the brick stencil and how you put the whole thing together!! Very awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door challenge. Hope to see you next week!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Darcy. they have some different stamps over at visible image xx

      Delete
  3. This is a fabulous scene you have created. Love the stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is superb Theresa! Amazing scene... Edward looks fantastic. Great bats! Thank you for entering our get spooky challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome Halloween card. Love the beautiful layout and image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scene Theresa, it has got it all going on! Very spooky indeed! I am very fond of the castle against a moon. Those bats are great especially with them being glossy. Thanks for taking part in the Visible Image challenge this month and Good Luck! Visible Image DT Member Kim B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab scene, great use of stamps, love it, good luck in the 'Get spooky' challenge at Visible Image :)

    ReplyDelete