Wednesday 22 March 2017

washi tape and stencils



Hello my friends. I have found a bit of time for a rare blog post and to participate in a challenge. Seems a luxury to me nowadays.



Both cards came together very quickly and I must say I was quite pleased with the results. The inspiration for both came from the challenge over at Less is More.


So i basically started with a stencil and distress inks in both cases. Stencils are from the Sheena Douglass ranges.


After inking I stamped the sentiment in Black archival ink in a Linda Horton stamp and added the tape along one side. Tape is from Lidl. 


On this card I added  Tim Holtz tape horizontally first before adding the vertical tape. Stamp is from the same set. And now both are on their way to the recipients. I hope they like them, hugs Theresa xx.


I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

Simply Less is More -  washi tape




10 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards Theresa and very cleverly designed with such pretty colours and the washy tape works fabulously on each of the cards, and love that stencilling too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatifully done Theresa and such beautiful dreamy colours. Don't forget the clean white space for Less is More and Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah. i thought i had left white space but maybe i was mistaken xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards, Theresa! I'm so happy you found time to join in with our challenge and I love the ink blending. Those bubbles are especially gorgeous! Fab use of washi, and very eye catching end results. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are amazing! I am really impressed with your Washi-stencil combo and I especially love the way you paired the soft colors with the bold graphic Washi tape styles! It creates a stunning effect! I also love the detail you added to those bubbles with the white touches- they look like they could float right off the page! These are lovely and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Andrea. really appreciate your comments xx

      Delete
  5. Great cards Theresa, love your mix of washi tape and Stencils. Seems ages since we had a catch up. Hope you and family are ok. Hugs to all....Jo. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true. would love to meet up some day soon. hugs to you all xx

      Delete