Sunday 4 September 2016

peacock hues

 Hi there. Time is really going fast and I can't seem to keep up with anything. When I saw the challenge on LIM blog I knew immediately which stamp I wanted to use. I could also picture it in my head.


Easier said than done! I tried with archival inks first but managed to smudge the stamp. The second try was better but the colours weren't as vibrant, so this was put away too. Then I tried with distress inks and I think it turned out OK.
I used distress markers: wilted violet, blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon, lucky clover and twisted citron.
The sentiment is stamped with mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch.
All the stamps are from Penny Black.


In the end I was pleased with how it turned out and the roundedness of the vase and baubles. What do you say? 

hugs, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Less is more - colour challenge: peacock feathers
Outlaws Challenge: Sunday CAS - trees, bees, birds or flowers



10 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Theresa and I love the gorgeous blues and greens. A beautiful CAS card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa - what a beautiful card - the composition is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely stamp, and I think you chose the perfect colours! Absolutely spot on for our 'peacock feather colours' challenge :) You got a super ombre effect on the sentiment too, very pretty. Thanks so much for playing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab stamping with distress markers, Theresa and you have picked up the peacock colours perfectly! I love the image you have used too :) Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautifully designed card Theresa. The pretty stamp is really complemented by those wonderful colours that you chose. It was worth persevering until you got it right. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete